Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Charity Scam Artist - DBCF - Phil Gaughan


Unfortunately, today I was contacted by a Sports Team who told me that someone I recently worked with had scammed them out of $18,000.00.  Seriously is there any lower form of life than a person who scams a charity?  Phil Gaughan from DBCF is that kind of individual.
This industry is very small, everyone knows everyone especially when you have a fantastic reputation such as I and BW Unlimited Charity Fundraising does.
This individual spent enough time with me and my business to learn just the surface level of what I do.  However, he did not learn about the years it took to build a reputation that was founded on integrity.  He would go out to a team and ask them if they wanted to raise money for a certain charity at their games.  He then would scam vendors out of items and then set up at the games.  People would either purchase or bid on the items.  Oddly enough, he didn’t give the proceeds to the team or the charity nor did he pay the vendor from which he acquired the items. 
Ladies and Gentlemen…I have been in business now nearly 10 years.  I challenge you or anyone to search the internet to find one bad remark about me or my business.

There are scam artists out there who will steal from you either with providing fake autographed items or by straight out stealing.  Remember, where there is money, there will be snakes.
Pay attention, research who you are talking to…ensure that you are protected.  Look for signs of a successful business – the quality of their website shows you how much they invested in themselves.  Look how they dress when you meet with them – look for Red Flags.  Trust your gut.

BW Unlimited Charity Fundraising is a North American Charity Fundraising Leader in a “One Stop Shop” convenient setting.  Check our website at www.BWUnlimited.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment