Friday, September 9, 2016

Loyalty in Business - what it truly means

Last night, after hours, I received a call out of the blue from one of my most trusted friends – Bob Lynch of BV Plus – Creative Management.  He called to congratulate me on receiving the Trademark on the term or event title “Blues Brother Bash.”  We began to talk about protecting our brand but then the conversation switched over to talking about how long we have known each other. 

Honestly, Bob and I haven’t always been such great friends.  When I first dreamt about BW Unlimited Charity Fundraising, the very first business I reached out to was Bob.  Saying Bob is a fantastic Graphic Designer is an understatement.  He’s seriously the best in the business at Graphic Design, Web Design and Website Design and implementation.  Somehow, I can shoot him an idea and he makes it reality.  There is no one I trust more with my business then Bob Lynch.

The same holds true with my good friend and business partner Jeremy Rubinoff.  You may know Jeremy from my recent trip to Israel where I was invited to attend his wedding to his beautiful wife Yael.  Jeremy and I have worked together since the start of BW Unlimited.  On many occasions, I have been approached by other people who offer a similar service that Jeremy does.  Each time, these people defamed Jeremy’s character and his business, however, what they didn’t even consider is that Jeremy is not only my business partner but he is also a very great and close friend.  Each time, I immediately picked up the phone and called him to tell him what had just happened.

I have worked these two so long that Bob and Jeremy have grown to be trusted, great friends.  Our friendships have been tested time and time again when it comes to our business relationship.  Why has it been tested?  Loyalty.  On more times than I care to mention, I have been asked to go with someone else but on each occasion, I have said “No I’m not interested.”  I can attest that they have done the same thing on my behalf.

I don’t know if it was my upbringing, education, law enforcement or military experience but there is one thing you can ask everyone about – I am loyal to a fault.  If you treat me good, are honest and trustworthy…I will be loyal without a doubt.  That loyalty is not simply given, it’s earned.

I am fortunate enough to be partnered with many companies across North America.  These partnerships were forged over time.  Today, especially if you are considering opening a business, understand that building it will take building partnerships.  There may be occasions that you will have to turn away profit over your loyalty to each other but in the long run, it will pay off.

For instance, I have built a strong partnership with an event venue that I commonly talk about – Martin’s Catering located in Baltimore, Maryland.  I have worked with them for nearly 25 years.  Based on my working relationship, they offer our clients an incredible price solely based on our relationship and the volume of clients I send them.  That savings is then passed on to my clients.  That loyalty even extends further; they only offer that price when our charity clients use our services.

Why is loyalty important to me in regard to charities who come back to us year after year?  We offer a reduced service fee when they return plus it makes us want to work even harder for them.  A continued working relationship also gets us more involved with our charities, wanting to help them more and more.  Since we are always talking to businesses, we market for them as well as seek Sponsors and Donors.  We donate to them and help them more and more.  We get involved.

In closing, everyone has a lesson to learn from Bob Lynch especially.  Bob goes above and beyond to the clients whom he is loyal too because he is loyal to a fault.  He becomes ingrained in his loyal clients businesses and is proud to see us succeed.  He shares in our growth and successes because Bob Lynch if a major part of it.  Loyalty ladies and gentlemen is a rare commodity.  As well as our vow of loyalty to our charity clients.  We have a lot to learn from people like Bob Lynch and that is why we will always be overly loyal to him.

To learn more about Bob Lynch of BV Plus – Creative Management and how you can become one of his clients, check out his website at http://www.bvcreativeplus.com/


To learn more about BW Unlimited Charity Fundraising, visit our website at www.BWUnlimited.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment