As we all know, gift baskets are always a big hit at charity fundraising events across the country. With this blog, I hope to share some excellent ideas that will get your guests excited about your offering. Remember have a plan for each while also thinking about your guests.
Instead of just throwing together baskets, always set out with a plan. A basket with a theme is always very enticing and exciting. When planning to build these baskets, give several out to your volunteers or team members for them to go after. Remember – Size Matters. The bigger the basket, the more it will attract attention. Here is a list of great themed baskets which everyone loves:
- Chocolate Lovers Basket – filled with various chocolates as well as chocolate drinks.
- Grilling Basket – Filled with Sauces, Spices, Grill Gloves, utensils etc.
- Italian Dinner Basket – Pastas, Sauces, Kitchen Utensils for pasta, Bottle of Wine
- Wine & Cheese Basket – A Bottle of Wine, wine glasses, various cheeses, a cork screw, cheese knife etc.
- Car Care Basket – Bucket, Car Wash items, Car Wax, Windex etc.
- Kids Beach Basket – Beach Toys, Squirt Guns etc.
- Dog Bowl Basket – Fill a large Dog Bowl with Dog Treats and toys.
- Movie Night – Empty Pizza Box, Gift Certificate for Pizzas, 2 cheap DVD’s from Walmart, Liter of Coke, Liter of Sprite, Pop corn
- Make Up Basket – Make Up, Make Up bag, etc.
- Picnic Basket – Picnic items
- Craft Basket – Crafting items
- Spa Basket – Soaps, Candles, Bubble Bath etc.
- Candy Basket – Very fun, fill it with every kind of candy you can find, vintage candy is always a hit.
- Junk Food Basket – Potato Chips, Pretzels, Doritos, Dips etc.
- Coffee Basket – Coffees, cups, cookies etc.
- Sports Fan Basket – Calendars, Shirts, Coozies etc.
- Lottery Tree – a Bunch of Scratch Off Lottery Tickets
- Christmas Basket – Christmas items
- Tea & Cookies Basket – Various Teas, cups, spoons etc.
- Tailgate Basket – Fill a Cooler with Tailgate items, junk food etc.
- Disney Basket – Disney items
- Spices Basket – Different Spices, sauces etc.
- Baking Basket
- Gardening Basket
- Pet Lovers Basket
- Kids Toys Basket
- Sports Baskets – One Basket filled with items for each Team
If you know anyone who sells Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Tupperware, or anyone like that, they will ALWAYS donate a basket.
Many of these items can be found in your local grocery store or Dollar Store. Remember, build them big so that they attract attention.
For more tips and successful ideas, check out our website at www.BWUnlimited.com. We would love to help you.